
St. Cecilia Lenten Project
We will begin our St. Cecilia Lenten Project this week. The students will learn
more information from the Grade six team. Grade six students will be presenting
to our class this coming week. Stay Tuned!
Spirit Week next week - March 9th - 13th
Kodable
We started a new coding game on Chromebooks. It requires a code to get into our
class account. I will have the children add it to the front page of their agendas
tomorrow in case you would like your child to try it at home.
Religion
We continue to listen to stories of Jesus. We are learning the importance of
thinking of others and spreading kindness during this Lenten season. We
are all working hard to prepare our hearts for Jesus. I hope you are helping
your child remember to pray for his/her special friend.
Language
We continue to practice writing recounts in their journals. This is a skill
they continue to use as they progress through the grades. They are also
learning to retell stories that we are reading together as a class.
Home Reading Book Bags
Please continue to help your child remember to exchange his/her reading
books. These are the books that you can have your child practice his or
her reading from our classroom that I have chosen at his or her level to
improve his or her decoding, fluency, comprehension and vocabulary.
I can tell that you are practicing these books! I hear the improvements
when I listen to them read as well!
Science
We continue to learn about structures. We work on building some
structures together at school this week!
Math
Last week, we learned about Canadian Coins. They were practicing
their skip counting as we counted different money amounts. Try to
practice the name of the Canadian coins and their value at home.
We will begin to work on word problems. It will be challenging for
the children because it will require them to read the question, figure
out what order of operation to try and show their answer with
pictures, numbers and words. We will also look closer at a calendar.
We work on it most days but we will dive deeper into March.
You can try this at home. Print off a blank calendar from the internet
and have your child fill in the days and count down the sleeps to a
fun family event!
As always, please continue to write me a note if you have any questions
or concerns. I look forward to more fun and learning with the children.
Have a great week!
Sincerely,
Mrs. Giovanna Smith





