Thank you to all of you who were able to meet with me in the last couple of weeks. I am happy to share your child’s learning with you. I appreciate you taking the time to meet with me. I know you are busy. All the children have made progress in his/her own way. I am proud of each of the children in the class and I know you are too. Our partnership is vital to the success of your child’s learning and growth. I hope I was able to provide you with some valuable insight into your child's progress and some next steps for your child. If you still have questions or if we did not get a chance to meet, please write me a note in your child's agenda and I will get back to you.
Extra clothes
As we move into cooler weather, I noticed that many children do not have a set of extra clothes that are suited for fall/winter in their cubbies. If you would like to send in some pants and a long sleeve top in a ziploc bag, we can store it in your child’s cubbies.
Headphones
If you can, please send in a set of headphones for your child. Your child will be the only one who will use them.
Language
Thanks for practicing the reading passages/books that I've been sending home. I can tell you are! The children are using the sounds we are learning to help decode words when reading and writing. I started to send home Reading bags with the children. As I mentioned in the note that I included, please try your best to have your child practice the readings and send them back when you are done with the passages/books. Make it work for your family. These books are mostly decodable that will be easier for your child to read to you. The Library Books are usually too difficult for grade 1 students to read. Try to read these books to your child. Your child chooses the library books during our visits to the Learning Commons.
Math
We will continue to learn more about numbers. I made some suggestions to many of you during our interviews to help with your child’s number sense. In case we ran out of time or it did not come up, I will share a couple of them with the rest of you. I will continue to share more ideas as we move forward.
Make a calendar
Make a 100 chart
As always, write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to another great week of learning and fun with the children.
Sincerely,
Giovanna Smith 😊

