Sunday, January 4, 2026

January 5, 2026

 



Happy New Year! I hope you had a great holiday with your family and friends.

I wish you all the best in 2026!


I am excited to see my little friends this week! I miss them all. I can’t

wait to hear about their adventures. 


Epiphany


This week, we celebrated Epiphany on January 6. It commemorates the Three

Kings who came to worship King Jesus and bring him gifts following his divine

birth. These three kings were happy to see the new baby and they gave him gifts

of frankincense, gold and myrrh. On Epiphany, we are thankful for the gift God

gave us, his Son, Jesus. We will discuss this this week.



As I mentioned in December, We are going to be skating at the Minto

Recreation Sports Centre. We will be going over the other grade 1

classes. I will need some volunteers to help with tying skates and

helping both on and off the ice. For you to be an on-ice helper,

you must be wearing skates and a helmet. The children will need

both skates and a helmet to get on the ice. We are allowed to bring

skating trainers on the ice. If your family owns one, please

consider bringing it. They are so useful for our new skaters. Our

school council purchased a few of them to help the little ones. There

are a few pairs of skates you can borrow at the office. If you would

like your child to borrow a pair, please give us ample time to get

that organized. It is not possible to do it last minute. Please write

me a note in your child's agenda if you are able to help out at the

rink and include which day you are available. If you are able to

help us out, please remember to get your police check prior to our

skating dates. This process is free.

I will be sending home the permission slips this week. Please

return back to school as soon as possible. 

Our scheduled sessions are the following:

Monday, January 26 @ 2- 2:50

Monday, February 2 @ 2- 2:50


Jungle Sport 

We are so lucky to have Jungle Sport coming back to St. Cecilia.

It is a great opportunity for the children. Our School Council

will be funding this event so there is no fee for you. Permission

slips will be coming home soon as well. Please continue to

check your child’s agenda each day. 



Our Classroom Learning

During language, we will begin to listen to some stories to help us learn how

to write our own recounts. Recount writing is retelling or recounting of an

event or an experience that already happened. We will continue to work on

sounds and digraphs. Thank you for practicing the reading sheets and books

that I have been providing each week. We have also been practicing some

nonsense words in the reading charts. Reading non-sense words help

children learn to read larger words.In math, we will continue to work on

gathering data. We will also practice adding and subtracting and then geometry.



I'm looking forward to seeing the children, hearing about their

holidays and having another great week of learning and fun! 

Sincerely, 

Giovanna Smith😊





Please enter your email to receive emails updates

Subscribe

* indicates required

May 12, 2026

  Thank you to all of you who were able to join us for the Open House last week. It is always a pleasure to share the children’s learning wi...