Hope you all had a great March Break with extra time to spend with family
and friends. It is crazy that we still have snow on the ground at this time of the
year. Hopefully things will dry up quickly.
Language
We will continue to write in our journals on a weekly basis. I encourage
the children to use the following linking words.
Opening sentence
First,
Then,
Next,
Last / Finally,
Closing sentence
I noticed before the break, many children are trying their best to use
the criteria that we have studied. Others are rushing their work to get
it done even when they can produce work with more care and with
quality. We had a chat about doing our best even though it may mean
the job may take longer. It may be worth a chat about the importance
of trying his/her best with a consistent effort with your little one
at home as well. I included some samples of some of the children’s
writing for you to see at the bottom of this post.
Digital Flyleaf Books for home
I hope you are continuing to make reading practice a priority at home. It is
imperative for all grade one students. I have noticed a wonderful
improvement as a class. Each child has made gains in his/her reading
skills. Here is the Flyleaf resource link as well. It gives you access to the
books we read as a class together. Go to community then e-library.
Once you scroll down you can see the books.
Flyleaf books https://flyleafpublishing.com/e-book-library
Math
In math, we have been working on some word problems. They are learning to show
their thinking using pictures, numbers and words. I sent home your child’s work
home before the break. We will continue working on word problems this week.
Science
We continue to learn about Structures.
Religion
We continue to learn more about our Lenten journey. Thank you to all of you
who have made some donations towards our Lenten Project.
I look forward to another great week of fun and learning. As always, please
write me a note or call me at the school if you have a question or concern.
Sincerely,
Giovanna Smith 😊






